Have you heard of the Oil Cleansing Method? I came across this idea a few years ago and implemented it and I am extremely pleased with the results.
So what is the Oil Cleansing Method or OCM? It’s a facial cleaning system that uses a solution of Castor Oil and Olive Oil to clean your face. Sounds crazy right? I was skeptical at first but here I am 3 years later and still using this method.
Benefits of OCM
- Detoxes Skin from the build up of gunk on your face
- Minimizes and refines pores
- Signals your pores to have a balanced amount of oil on your skin
- helps prevent wrinkles and sun damage
- helps to prevent acne, redness and inflammation
- it’s a wonderful make-up remover
To get started you will need:
- Organic Cold pressed Castor Oil. This is my favorite Brand HERE
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil or you can substitute with jojoba oil, flax-seed oil, grape seed oil or evening primrose oil. I am a big fan of jojoba oil and use this one HERE
- A container to keep the mixture in. I just a pump soap dispenser.
How to Mix:
- Oily Skin: 1 TBS Olive oil or substitute oil with 3 TBS Castor Oil
- Dry Skin: 3 TBS Olive oil or substitute oil with 1 TBS Castor Oil
- Normal skin: 2 TBS Olive oil or substitute oil with 2 TBS Castor Oil
How I use it:
I just keep my dispenser in the shower and wash my face like I would with any other cleaner. I have done this for the past 3 years without any issues. A lot of the research I have read suggests that you take a hot rag and put it over your face to open up pores and then massage the mixture on your face. When you are done washing take the wash cloth and wipe oil off of face. Either way you choose this method is amazing and will leave your face feeling great! It may take some time for your skin to adjust.